Early Start speak about their Nursery Nutrition Zone sessions at Nursery World NORTH 2019
Georgia and Jamie were delighted to be at Nursery World Show North 2019!
It was clear on the day that fussy eating was a very popular topic. We hoped you found our strategies for supporting children who tend to be fussy with food and our overall talks useful, gaining a number of key learning outcomes for you to take back to your settings, which included:
11:30am – Encouraging children to cook and learn about food in your early years setting-
- Awareness of the benefits of providing children with more opportunity to cook and learn about food
- How to create fun, creative, child-friendly recipes that will encourage children to get involved in cooking and learn about food by bringing their favourite food-related stories to life
- How cooking and learning about food activities can support children’s key learning areas in line with EYFS standards
- Alternative ways settings can support children to learn about food other than cooking
- Engaging and creative ways to create engaging happy mealtimes for children
- Strategies to support fussy eaters at mealtimes
- How to create a positive mealtime environment for children in your setting
- Creating recipes that encourage children to cook and get more involved in mealtimes.